Telluride Barbeque Festival
A Colorado State Championship Event sanctioned by Kansas City BBQ Society.
Come Join Us The Weekend of September 20 – 21, 2014!
AWARD WINNING PROFESSIONAL BBQ TEAMS | RIDE OUR MECHANICAL BULL | PEOPLE CHOICE AWARD
This Gold Season, it is time to get sauced! This weekend will certainly be both spicy and sweet at The Telluride Barbeque Festival. Johnny Trigg, the star of Destination America’s BBQ Pitmasters descends on Telluride to take on twenty four other nationally ranked teams and compete at the highest elevation barbeque competition in the country. Each team will lay it all on the line (and on the grill) in the hopes of winning the grand prize in each area of competition – beef, ribs, pork and brisket.
- Saturday and Sunday, 11am – 6pm
- The Plazas of Mountain Village
- NO COVER CHARGE
- Drink Specials (sponsored by Jim Beam) starting at $2
- People’s Choice opportunity to taste and judge the professional team’s BBQ
- TV’s for the weekend’s football games
- And finally….For those looking to prove who is the wildest in the west, mechanical bull rides in the center of Heritage Plaza will draw spectators and risk takers alike.
The professional teams are a short walk away and they will be cooking all day Saturday and Sunday before turning in their great barbeque for the judges and a shot at $8,000 in prize money and a ticket to the “World Series” of events, the American Royal Barbeque Championship in Kansas City!
For those looking to enjoy the entire weekend in Telluride, please visit the “Hotels & Travel” page for all of our hotel partners offering special rates; just mention “Telluride BBQ Festival”!