Telluride Barbeque Festival
A Colorado State Championship Event sanctioned by Kansas City BBQ Society.
Stay tuned for information on the next event in 2016!
AWARD WINNING PROFESSIONAL BBQ TEAMS | RIDE OUR MECHANICAL BULL | PEOPLE CHOICE AWARD
This Gold Season, it is time to get sauced! This weekend will certainly be both spicy and sweet at The Telluride Barbeque Festival. Johnny Trigg, the star of Destination America’s BBQ Pitmasters descends on Telluride to take on other nationally ranked teams and compete at the highest elevation barbeque competition in the country. Each team will lay it all on the line (and on the grill) in the hopes of winning the grand prize in each area of competition – beef, ribs, pork and brisket.
- Friday, Saturday and Sunday, 11am – 6pm
- The Plazas of Mountain Village
- NO COVER CHARGE! Just come on up to Mountain Village and enjoy the music and the weekend!
- Weekend Schedule found here.
- Come get your Barbeque Fix with great food with all the sides and fixin’s starting Friday, 11am, throughout the weekend!
- Drink Specials (sponsored by Jack Daniel’s) starting at $3
- LIVE MUSIC: Saturday, with The Americans
- Local People’s Choice: Taste and Judge local BBQ on Saturday, 9/20/14,in Heritage Plaza tent
- Professional People’s Choice: Taste and Judge the professional team’s BBQ on Sunday at the Telluride Conference Center!
- TV’s for the weekend’s football games
- And finally….For those looking to prove who is the wildest in the west, mechanical bull rides in the center of Heritage Plaza will draw spectators and risk takers alike.
The professional teams are a short walk away and they will be cooking all day Saturday and Sunday before turning in their great barbeque for the judges and a shot at $8,000 in prize money and a ticket to the “World Series” of events, the American Royal Barbeque Championship in Kansas City!
For those looking to enjoy the entire weekend in Telluride, please visit the “Hotels & Travel” page for all of our hotel partners offering special rates; just mention “Telluride BBQ Festival”!